Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Recent Happenings with Good News

I realise that it has been alomost a month since the last blog entry. Looking back on the month, I have had little if any time to blog. From 20-25 January, I spent almost a week in Rome in in our priory of San Clemente. On my return, there was a successful live-in for those interested in joining the Order at our priory in St. Saviour's Dublin (25-27 January).The week of January 28 to February 1 was given over to maintaining ongoing contacts with candidates interested in the Order. This entailed travel to Cork (twice), Donegal, Fermanagh, Cavan and Drogheda - with some further meetings of a similar nature in Dublin.
From February 2nd to 11th, I preached the annual novena in honour of Our Lady of Lourdes in our priory and parish church of Saint Mary, Tallaght, Dublin. This was a very enjoyable experience for me. I don't often get the opportunity to preach as much as I would like. It was also enjoyable to be in the one place for nine consecutive days - a rarity!February 12th to 16th was spent on the road mostly with meetings with individuals who are enquiring about our way of life in Sligo, Cork and Belfast. You can see perhaps how I have had little time for blogging! Still, I am enjoying the work - and that's so very important!

It is the time of the year when candidates are weighing up their options and in the way of making decisions about their various futures. I am in the happy position to report that as of today, four men have indicated that they will be applying for admission to the novitiate this September. We have much to thank God for!

No comments: